Wednesday 6 June 2012

I'm back!

I'm back! After a 4 month leave of absence I am determined to get blogging regularly so please feel free to prod me if I start slacking again!
In my time away from the blog I have been very busy. I was involved in the start up of a new branch of the WI in Gowerton and am honoured to be president of this wonderful group of ladies. We started in April and so far we have 30 members, a large number of whom are in their 20's and 30's! We even have our own website www.gowertonwi.co.uk have a peep if you fancy seeing what the WI do. I'm something of a young fogey and have always liked the idea of it, there was nothing in the area and I have a few like minded friends so we started our own. Your group can do pretty much whatever you want to, we have speakers and activities alternating at our twice monthly meetings. Next week we are going foraging on the Gower an we are also getting involved with our local foodbank to help the community.

Speaking of websites, I really need to crack on with mine I have enlisted a helper now I just need to pull my finger out.....
I am continuing to build my small home business. There has been a shift in my business goals and I am now focussing solely on cakes and desserts and have recently been supplying a local restaurant woohoo!
I have teamed up with another foodie friend and we are discussing a cake shop, plans are very much at the idle chit chat stage but who knows, I would love to make it a reality.

That's enough for now, just wanted you to know I'm back and I fully intend to stay back.
Time for mini's dinner now (and my miso soup!)

I have a few things lined up for the blog over the next couple of weeks and would love your feedback.

H x

No comments:

Post a Comment